HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management, and is a critical link between HR and the business. They advise and support managers/leaders on strategic and tactical issues and help them implement high-performing, integrated human resources practices. Provide HR services support to employees and managers in our corporate headquarters and to two off-site locations. Support will include all aspects of the Human Resource function including talent acquisition, talent development and performance management, benefits and wellness programs, and the provision of information and guidance to employees regarding company policy and procedures and federal and state employment regulations. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the company its midrange plans, and its culture. Assists with other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager and/or Vice President of Human Resources.
This position requires the ability to balance administrative HR work efficiently and effectively with strategic HR
projects/ initiatives. The HRBP must possess a high level of integrity and professionalism to honor the legal
and professional obligations of maintaining strict confidentiality. The HRBP will refer complex issues or potential
legal problems to the Human Resources Manager and/or Vice President of Human Resources.
JOB RESPONSBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Establish and maintain practices to ensure a positive candidate experience and promote the employer brand
- Facilitate recruitment activities for all locations, including learning the roles of employees within the Company
and the P&C insurance industry
- Work with department managers to establish and execute recruiting plans
- Partner with department managers to keep job descriptions current and in compliance with ADA.
- Maintain internal and external job postings and job applicant tracking
- Manage employee summer intern program, including making recommendations for program enhancement
- Benefit administration – enrollment and termination
- Manage all leaves of absences including FMLA, Short Term and Long Term Disability and other leaves.
- Monitor COBRA compliance and notifications
- Assist with the completion of compensation studies and benchmarking
- Collaborate with HR team on wellness initiative
Talent Development and Performance Management
- Manage employee education programs
- Partner with HR leadership on developing competency based learning opportunities
- Collaborate on the design, development and execution of annual performance review process
- Manage the talent review process for assigned departments
- Partner with department leaders on ad hoc talent , performance and change management issues
- Oversite of new employee orientation and on-boarding program including identifying ways to streamline and promote
- Partner with HR leadership on planning employee and management events
- Maintain the integrity of HR systems and processes and compliance with Federal and State laws
- Identify opportunities, develop recommendations for and implement HR process improvement, including establishing
ways to measure success
- Provide back-up ADP Payroll processing and other HR processes
- Asst. HR Manager and Vice President HR with various projects
- This job description is not all inclusive and may include additional duties if needed
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, or related field.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential desired
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources experience with at least two years as a Generalist / HRBP.
- Experience working with ADP a plus
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including talent acquisition, benefits, compensation practices,
organizational diagnosis, employee relations, talent development, performance management
- Expected to have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and policies, and federal and state regulations within
- Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and customer service skills
- Excellent project management, prioritization and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skill
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations,
ordinances, and policies
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, employment practices,
and the administrative practices related to those factors
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and a high level of professionalism
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, HR Information systems, and internet recruiting tools
Work within the Accounting department to ensure premium payments
and other disbursements are timely and accurate. Apply premium payments through data entry and lockbox image processing
Utilize online banking and PayPilot programs for cash management including; EFT transaction processing,
positive pay and stop payments. Review daily reports to confirm policy updates and process necessary adjustments.
Support all billing and receivable functions and assist with any special accounting projects.
• Operate the remittance processor including the end of day ICL process and reporting.
• Prepare payments
for entry using lockbox, image processing and WINS application methods
• Enroll customers in EFT, data enter
into Paypilot software, imaging and retention of data
• Facilitate the direct mailing of claims, accounts
payable and return premium checks
• Prepare for deposit and review; Agency and Subrogation checks
• Open and distribute department mail, accept payments at reception area or drop box
• Stop payment and Positive
Pay functions within Pay Pilot & Treasury Connect databases
• Assess returned checks, for forwarding,
application, void or escheat status.
• Prepare correspondence addressing billing status changes resulting
from payment returns or incomplete enrollment forms.
• Complete check requests for return premium differences
and mortgage returns.
• Use spreadsheets, including import/export functions, to monitor and report exceptions.
• Follow an approval process for accepting late payments and detail activity using notepad.
• Regular review
and research of unapplied cash and policies on hold for timely application.
• Contact other departments
or agents to resolve problems.
• Assist in department workflow, recycling and special projects as necessary.
Related work experience a plus
analytic and problem-solving skills Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to prioritize and work
in a team environment
The Payroll /HRIS / Benefits Administrator is responsible
for coordinating and processing bi-weekly payroll and year-end reporting from the main office location for 275+ employees
employed at three different companies located in different states and according to the companies’ pay practices,
federal and multi-state labor and payroll regulations and standards. Responsible for maintaining accurate employee,
benefit, and payroll data on ADP Workforce Now, generating personnel and payroll reports utilizing ADP Reporting
and Excel, reconciliation of tax, 401k and benefit data, processing benefits enrollments and changes with vendors,
and identifying and implementing process improvements
Will be a team member of the Human Resources department
and expected to provide general HR services support to employees and managers on-site and multi-state off-site locations
including, but not limited to the provision of information and guidance to employees regarding company policy and
procedures and federal and state employment regulations.
This position requires a high level of professionalism
to meet the legal and professional obligations of maintaining strict confidentiality. The Payroll, HRIS, and Benefit
Administrator will refer complex issues or potential legal problems to the Human Resources Manager and/or Vice President
of Human Resources.
• Process three (3) bi-weekly payrolls for Quincy Mutual and subsidiaries.
• ACA Reporting through ADP.
Provide reconciliation of payroll and 401(k) Plan.
• Maintain the integrity of the ADP Workforce Now system.
• Provide QTR
employee headcounts reports for board package.
• Create reports for compensation surveys and other ad hoc
• Partner with vendors, HR colleagues and other stake holders on implementing system enhancements,
• Report daily attendance and provide PTO usage reporting
• Ensure timely administration of benefits including– enrollment, termination,
• Create year-end reporting report to 401k vendor for 415 compliance testing.
back-up for COBRA compliance.
• Provide back-up for FMLA leave documents to employees
Workers Compensation billing and annual audits
• Provide recommendations for the Wellness program and employee
• Provide back-up to new employee orientation and on-boarding.
opportunities for process improvements and make recommendations for increased efficiency.
• Assist VPHR
and HR Manager with various projects when requested.
• Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws
• Provide outstanding service to employees and management.
• This job description is not all-inclusive
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Human Resources, or related field or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of consistent Payroll, Benefit, and HRIS Administration
• Experience with multi-state payroll processing a plus
• Proficiency in working with ADP Workforce Now ADP
Reporting a must, including developing custom reports
• Experience with developing and implementing process
• Demonstrated familiarity with project management concepts required, experience imp enting
new HRIS modules a plus
• Familiarity with commonly-used concepts, practices, and policies, and federal and state
regulations within the HR and compensation fields
•Requires analytical, organizational, and professional interpersonal and communication
•Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
•Strong organization and time management skills
and mature sense of accountability
•Knowledge of accounting procedures, i.e., debits and credits
written and verbal communication skills
•Detail-oriented and deadline-driven
•The ability to make recommendations
to resolve problems and issues
ASSISTANT UNDERWRITER PERSONAL LINES - OPERATION SUPPORT
You will assist our front-line personal lines underwriters and become an intricate component of our progressive team environment. You will evaluate personal auto, property, and liability risks for acceptance or denial following company underwriting guidelines and philosophies and demonstrate skills to ensure company goals are met. You will interact with agents to build positive business relationships and work with other company personnel to accomplish department and company goals.
You will provide operational support to the Underwriting department by processing the entry of homeowners, dwelling fire, personal auto and umbrella applications, endorsements, renewals, and cancellations. You will provide operational support to the personal lines department. This includes all aspects of the processing flow and policy transactions.
• Assist underwriters with reviewing and evaluating homeowner, automobile, personal umbrella based on established guidelines and evaluate risks for such items as adequate coverage, type, amount, and location of risks.
• Assist with processing new business applications, renewals, endorsements, cancellations, reinstatements, and non-renewals.
• Develop good productive relationships with the assigned agents by providing timely and professional customer service to facilitate the business processes while remembering that we are a service industry and our agents are the customers.
• Ensure that policy transactions are issued and changes are recorded accurately and promptly by rating and entering transactions for Personal Lines. Such transactions may be quotes, new business, endorsements, cancellations, or renewals.
• Screen transactions to determine proper processing. Refer to underwriters those transactions that require their attention.
• Proactively identifies ways to be more efficient, optimize workflow and strengthen user experience.
• Contribute to effective marketing of the Company products by answering questions, resolve problems.
• Order and screen miscellaneous reports needed in the rating and underwriting processes, such a Motor Vehicle Reports, loss history reports, credit checks, outside inspections, loss control, etc.
• Verifies data and performs technical tasks in the data processing function.
• Examines, revises, approves, and dispatches input and output materials according to established specifications.
• Handles escalated calls while using good judgment to make sound recommendations.
• Assist with the training and mentoring of junior team members.
• Maintain organized and fully documented Underwriting Files and databases on specific customer information and inquiries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Property & Casualty insurance courses preferred
• Minimum of one year of processing experience/exposure to property and casualty underwriting
• Technical competence in underwriting/rating systems a plus
• Rating knowledge in Personal Lines, Worker’s Comp and Auto, package a plus
• Knowledge of underwriting guidelines for the transactions within authority limits a plus
• Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills are essential
• Flex communication style to match the customer needs. Diffuses emotional customer situations effectively and recognizes when to escalate.
• Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines and achieving expected levels of quality and accuracy.
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
• Must have mathematical skills and the ability to interpret underwriting instructions accurately; be detail-oriented with good follow-through skills.
• Ability and willingness to learn a broad range of insurance laws, company policies, and procedures relating to underwriting and operational procedures.
• Ability to evaluate and identify the information required to make good underwriting decisions is required.
• Ability to make good judgment and sound recommendations.
CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVEPOSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation and settlement
of automobile first party physical damage and third party property damage insurance losses. Initiates contact with
injured parties to obtain claim information and establish potential exposure.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Evaluates coverage, investigates and determines liability
• Negotiates and settles property damage claims
and applies comparative negligence where warranted
• Conducts recorded statement interviews
• Assigns appraisal to damaged vehicles within required time limits
• Identifies injury exposures
• Refers cases of suspected fraud to the Special Investigation unit
• Applies knowledge of company processes
and procedures to explain requirements to callers
• Maintains self control in difficult situations
• Communicates over the telephone in a courteous and pleasant manner, projecting confidence with a positive tone
• Handles all returned company claim checks and checks made payable to the company in a timely fashion.JOB REQUIREMENTS:EDUCATION: •
4 year work related degree•
coursework desirable – AIC preferred•
Island and Connecticut Adjusters Licenses preferredEXPERIENCE:•
of two years handling automobile physical damage claimsSKILLS:•
Familiar with varying laws of comparative negligence and safe regulations •
with window-based PC applications•
to type 50 words per minute.•
of analyzing information presented and making decisions based on company guidelines Past experience pertaining to
the processing of clear liability automobile claims•
experience of automobile practices in the states of CT, MA, and RI Outstanding oral and written communication skills •
Superior organizational skills required
Quincy Mutual is committed to giving back to the community. Together with our employees and charitable partners,
we strive to make a positive impact on the community.
Resumes and inquiries may be submitted:
via email to:
via fax to:
via mail to:
Fire Insurance Company
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 690392
Quincy, MA 02269-0392
for your interest in working for Quincy Mutual. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.