CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
The Customer Service position provides an exciting and challenging opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced Customer Service environment while also supporting the essential business functions of a Property and Casualty Insurer by assisting in the company mail room.ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Customer Service Representative will excel in developing relationships, directly impacting our customers and agents, and demonstrating a true commitment to customer service excellence through positive, effective, and diplomatic oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of company billing, claims, and underwriting procedures is required, and the mail room is an excellent way to build the foundation for success in that area. Candidate has the ability to defuse negative situations with professionalism and maturity. The ideal candidate for this position should have excellent problem solving skills, and should feel empowered to resolve issues without escalation. A candidate for this position should be comfortable using virtual meeting applications for the purposes of training, coaching and mentoring from the department manager. The mail room portion of this role would be executed for approximately for 15 hours one week per month.
The Company is willing to train candidates that the meet the education and experience required through on the job training and our fully funded Tuition Reimbursement program.
Resolves problems that require judgment based on company guidelines and philosophies in a timely manner
Initiates changes and corrections based on customer requests
Researches and analyzes billing, claims, and underwriting issues
Identifies trends and reports items to appropriate management
Applies knowledge of company processes to explain requirements to callers
Receive, sort and deliver mail and packages, both internally and externally.
Operate mailroom equipment; inserters and postage meters.
Must be able to lift 35lbs and stand for long periods of time.
Does not include all responsibilities that may be required to complete the job requirements for this positionEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Desired candidates will have 4 year Degree- required.
Prior work experience in customer service is- preferred.
COMMERCIAL LINES ASSISTANT UNDERWRITER
Assist underwriters in a supportive underwriting capacity to help evaluate and process property and casualty risks. Confirm required information and acceptability in authorized classifications for renewal and new business transactions. Demonstrate strong clerical and technical skills to ensure accuracy and efficiency in our operating procedures while utilizing multiple systems. Identify opportunities to improve productivity and overall processes within the department and assist in the development of these methods. Complete individual tasks in a timely and accurate manner while also contributing to a team environment by accomplishing additional job-related responsibilities.
•Accurately rate assigned transactions using commercial lines rating manuals and/or available computer systems.
•Issue complete policy declarations and forms according to ISO and Quincy Mutual filings.
•Resolve rating questions and problems within the scope of his/her authority.
•Appropriately code and enter statistical and premium information for new issues, renewals, cancellations, endorsements and reinsurance transactions into multiple systems.
•Perform test functions in the rating and operations of new systems or system updates per written and verbal instructions.
•Complete quality control checks of assigned product lines.
•Update operation manuals as information is received from various sources.
•Process and mail legal notice transactions for all product lines per state and ISO regulations.
•Receive applications and log information in Excel spreadsheet.
•Assist in training new staff members.
•Review daily mail for processing.
•Order inspection reports and audits as requested by underwriters.
•Review and/or process loss control responses.
•Complete form letters in MS Office and diaries for follow up.
•Answer telephone, assist agents in customer service inquiries and determine information to solicit for call referrals.
•Update and maintain agency list and new business logs.
•Conduct initial review of inspections as received.
•Perform additional responsibilities as required.
•This job description is not all inclusive and may include additional duties if needed.
•Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
•Professional designation of Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter is preferred.
•2-4 years experience in the insurance field with an understanding of property and casualty terminology, and underwriting practices preferred.
•Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
•Basic typing skills
•Basic computer knowledge in word processing and excel spreadsheet applications
•Ability to follow well defined procedures with good organizational skills
•Knowledge of insurance terminology necessary to accomplish rating functions and complete necessary policy forms
•Ability to comprehend and utilize commercial insurance rating manuals
•Aptitude to learn and apply knowledge to available computer systems for processing
•Analytical skills to evaluate discrepancies in manually prepared and/or system completed transactions
•Ability to manually rate various insurance coverages using multi-step computations to obtain coverage premiums with consistent accuracy.
•Ability to read, understand and implement written company procedures and insurance regulations
•Strong attention to detail
•Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
AUTOMOBILE CASUALTY ADJUSTER POSITION SUMMARY:
The Auto Casualty Adjuster is responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and settlement of automobile bodily injury claims and the handling of collision, rental, physical damage, and adverse subrogation claims associated with such claims. Potential hybrid work opportunity available.
- Interprets and determines policy coverages under personal and commercial lines automobile policies.
- Performs timely and thorough investigations including contacting and interviewing the various parties involved in a loss and conducting recorded interviews as warranted.
- Applies a working understanding of laws and regulations to evaluate liability and damages in a timely fashion.
- Maintains an open line of communication with the insured, unrepresented parties, and their attorneys.
- Establishes adequate and timely reserves in accordance with company guidelines.
- Completes injury evaluations and negotiates with attorneys and other parties, in good faith, to ensure fair and equitable settlements of bodily injury and property damage claims.
- Identifies potentially fraudulent claims for referral to the Special Investigations Unit.
- Identifies subrogation opportunities.
- Educates customers and other involved parties throughout the claims process.
- Appropriately documents claims handling process in compliance with company guidelines.
- Makes recommendations regarding litigation matters.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Maintains applicable professional licenses in designated states.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree or commensurate casualty claims experience required.
- 3+ years’ experience working as an auto casualty/bodily injury adjuster with some property damage adjusting experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively deal with interruptions.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and execute sound judgment in sensitive situations.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, and communication skills required.
- Must be reliable, have a high level of initiative and self-motivation, and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must be well organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management, and is a critical link between HR and the business. They advise and support managers/leaders on strategic and tactical issues and help them implement high-performing, integrated human resources practices. Provide HR services support to employees and managers in our corporate headquarters and to two off-site locations. Support will include all aspects of the Human Resource function including talent acquisition, talent development and performance management, benefits and wellness programs, and the provision of information and guidance to employees regarding company policy and procedures and federal and state employment regulations. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the company its midrange plans, and its culture. Assists with other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager and/or Vice President of Human Resources.
This position requires the ability to balance administrative HR work efficiently and effectively with strategic HR projects/
initiatives. The HRBP must possess a high level of integrity and professionalism to honor the legal and professional
obligations of maintaining strict confidentiality. The HRBP will refer complex issues or potential legal problems to
the Human Resources Manager and/or Vice President of Human Resources.
JOB RESPONSBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Establish and maintain practices to ensure a positive candidate experience and promote the employer brand
- Facilitate recruitment activities for all locations, including learning the roles of employees within the Company and
the P&C insurance industry
- Work with department managers to establish and execute recruiting plans
- Partner with department managers to keep job descriptions current and in compliance with ADA.
- Maintain internal and external job postings and job applicant tracking
- Manage employee summer intern program, including making recommendations for program enhancement
- Benefit administration – enrollment and termination
- Manage all leaves of absences including FMLA, Short Term and Long Term Disability and other leaves.
- Monitor COBRA compliance and notifications
- Assist with the completion of compensation studies and benchmarking
- Collaborate with HR team on wellness initiative
Talent Development and Performance Management
- Manage employee education programs
- Partner with HR leadership on developing competency based learning opportunities
- Collaborate on the design, development and execution of annual performance review process
- Manage the talent review process for assigned departments
- Partner with department leaders on ad hoc talent , performance and change management issues
- Oversite of new employee orientation and on-boarding program including identifying ways to streamline and promote employee self-service
- Partner with HR leadership on planning employee and management events
- Maintain the integrity of HR systems and processes and compliance with Federal and State laws
- Identify opportunities, develop recommendations for and implement HR process improvement, including establishing ways
to measure success
- Provide back-up ADP Payroll processing and other HR processes
- Asst. HR Manager and Vice President HR with various projects
- This job description is not all inclusive and may include additional duties if needed
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, or related field.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential desired
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources experience with at least two years as a Generalist / HRBP.
- Experience working with ADP a plus
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including talent acquisition, benefits, compensation practices,
organizational diagnosis, employee relations, talent development, performance management
- Expected to have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and policies, and federal and state regulations within
- Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and customer service skills
- Excellent project management, prioritization and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skill
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances,
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, employment practices,
and the administrative practices related to those factors
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and a high level of professionalism
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, HR Information systems, and internet recruiting tools
Quincy Mutual is committed to giving back to the community. Together with our employees and charitable partners, we
strive to make a positive impact on the community.
Resumes and inquiries may be submitted:
via email to:
via fax to:
via mail to:
Quincy Mutual Fire
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 690392
Quincy, MA 02269-0392
Thank you for your
interest in working for Quincy Mutual. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.