Adverse Subrogation Specialist
Responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation and settlement of a caseload third party claims. In the course of their duties the Adverse Subrogation Specialist works towards mitigating damages while maintaining high standards of integrity and thoroughness in the handling of their cases.
•Evaluates coverage, investigates and determines liability
•Reviews damage supports submitted by adverse carriers, utilities and municipalities.
•Negotiates compromise settlements when appropriate
•Applies comparative negligence when warranted
•Conducts recorded statement interviews when needed
•Responds to Intercompany Arbitration filings
•Uses their verbal and written communications skills to project professionalism and integrity to internal and external contacts
•Handles payment of third party claims in a timely manner.
•Maintains a log of mitigation
•Maintains a diary system to ensure the timely review of files
Four year college degree
Insurance coursework desirable – AIC preferred
Industry related seminars helpful
Rhode Island and Connecticut Adjusters Licenses required
Minimum of two years handling automobile physical damage claims preferred
Adverse Subrogation and damage mitigation experience preferred
Familiar with negotiation skills and application of comparative negligence
Familiar with window-based PC applications
Capable of analyzing information presented and making decisions based on company guidelines
Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Outstanding oral and written communication skills
Superior organizational skills required
System Analyst IPOSITION SUMMARY:
Work closely with other IT staff to assist in supporting and presenting solutions to design new IT solutions, modify, enhance, or adapt existing systems, and integrate new features or improvements, all with the aim of improving business efficiency and productivity for Quincy Mutual Group, agents and customers.
Study current computer systems and procedures, and help design solutions to make the organization operate more efficiently and effectively.
Bring business and information technology (IT) together by understanding the needs and limitations of both by performing the steps to help take projects through the project life cycle.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Work with BA’s and IT staff on projects to help develop clear and consistent specifications for the IT staff (Programmers, Network and Vendors)
• Act as a liaison between the BA’s-Users, IT, and software vendors on projects
• Help facilitate communication of important system changes and enhancements
• Evaluate pros & cons of current versus potential systems and make recommendations
• Assist the IT department in the event of a disaster or serious system problem
• Other duties as assigned, including training; documentation
• Incorporate and support the project life cycle techniques to assigned projects:
• Initial Investigation, Design, Coding, Testing, Signoff, Production, Post-production review, Feedback & Control
• Solicit information to determine users’ needs & determine vulnerabilities or areas of poor performance in order to boost productivity, efficiency, and accuracy in our computer systems
• Support the Agency Interface Coordinator as a backup when neededJOB REQUIREMENTSEDUCATION:
4 year college degree.EXPERIENCE:
3 years Insurance background
3 years IT Systems Analyst experience a plusSKILLS:
Must be able to analyze problems and come up with solutions
Must be organized and thorough, seeing both the big picture and detail
Must have a working knowledge of word, excel, power point, query, and sequel.
Must have good communication skills with users, management, IT staff, and vendors
Must be able to run a project with minimal supervision to its proper completion & target